Terms and conditions for Proceedings of the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures
Terms and conditions of electronic access
Updated 2 August 2010
Electronic access to the full text of articles published in in proceedings of conferences and seminars, and in newsletters and journals published by the Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) on behalf of the Australian Equine Veterinary Association (AEVA) and Equine Veterinarians Australia (EVA), including the Proceedings of the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures and the Australian Equine Veterinarian (collectively referred to as the EVA Publications) on SciQuest® is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Submission of this form or activation of electronic access by a member, subscriber, institution or business signifies acceptance of these terms and conditions and constitutes an agreement between the member, subscriber, institution or business and the AVA. Aspects of this licence may be administered by VetLearn® (see contact details below) on behalf of the AVA.
Access by Subscription
- Online access to the EVA Publications on SciQuest is granted to EVA members, subscribers and individuals or organisations granted access by the AVA, subject to:
- Payment of the appropriate annual subscription or membership fee, or receipt of permission from the AVA.
- Completion of the subscriber registration form, including agreement to these terms and conditions of use.
- Provision of a valid Internet Protocol (IP) address or addresses or authentication via a valid username and password. IP addresses must not include publicly accessible proxy or cache servers.
- Single-site subscription agreements entitle access for authorised users from a single campus or site for the duration of the subscription period.
- Multi-site subscription agreements entitle access for authorised users from a single organisation or institution from multiple sites that are geographically separate but centrally administered, for the duration of the subscription period.
- There is no limit on the number of authorised users from a subscribing organisation or institution who may use the EVA Publications at any one time.
- Once access has been enabled, no refund will be given on the subscription price, except as provided for in the conditions of termination below.
- Access may not be shared by members of a library consortium unless separately negotiated and agreed with VetLearn on behalf of the AVA.
- Access is authorised for organisations granted access by the AVA, and for permanent or visiting staff, students and on-site users of a subscribing business or institution’s library or secure computer network.
- The subscribing business or institution must take all reasonable measures to prevent unauthorised use of its IP addresses.
- Access is authorised for EVA members and individuals granted access by the AVA, and for individual subscribers or for permanent or visiting staff, students and on-site users of a subscribing business or institution issued with a valid username and password.
- Facilitating access by any third party by way of disclosure of username or password or any other means is strictly forbidden.
- Remote access is permitted for authorised users connected via a modem to a subscriber's secure computer network and registered IP addresses where such access is properly authenticated by the subscribing business or institution.
- Remote access is not permitted from more than one site or campus of a multi-site or multi-campus organisation or institution unless a multi-site agreement has been negotiated with VetLearn on behalf of AVA.
Duration of Access
- Online access is granted during the period for which a subscription has been paid or permission granted, generally being a calendar year or part thereof, and is not transferable.
- If a subscription lapses, AVA will provide the past subscriber with access to material for which they held an online subscription either from the SciQuest® server, from a third party server, or by providing electronic files on CD-Rom, if requested within 3 months of the subscription lapsing.
Permitted Use (access by subscription)
- Authorised users may download, save and print single copies of individual articles for personal use or for teaching or research purposes but NOT for resale or commercial gain; downloading of entire volumes or issues of the EVA Publications is NOT permitted.
- Authorised users may incorporate printed or electronic copies of EVA Publication articles in course material or study packs for the use of other authorised users for educational purposes, provided the source of all articles (author(s), publication, volume, page numbers and year of publication) is acknowledged. Otherwise, multiple print copies may only be made with special permission from AVA or under licence from an authorised copyright collecting society including the Copyright Clearance Center (US) and the Copyright Licensing Agency and subject to payment of applicable fees.
- Inter-library loan of digital or digitally-dervied versions of EVA Publication content is permitted with the same limitations that apply to paper copies for that purpose from the print edition of the EVA Publications, in accordance with the New Zealand Copyright Act 1994.
- Content from the EVA Publications may not be recompiled, manipulated, used to prepare derivative works, or published in another format without prior written permission from AVA.
- Retransmission, caching or networking of electronic EVA Publication content to non-authorised users is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Individual articles published in the EVA Publications may be available by Open Access, in which case they are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 New Zealand License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/nz/legalcode), which permits unrestricted copying, transmission
and distribution, provided the license is declared, the original authors and source are credited, and the work is not altered, transformed, or built upon.
Permitted Use (Open Access)
- Users may download, save and print single copies of open access articles for personal use or for teaching or research purposes but NOT for resale or commercial gain.
- Users may incorporate printed or electronic copies of open access articles in course material or study packs for the use of other authorised users for educational purposes, provided the source of all articles (author(s), publication, volume, page numbers and year of publication) is acknowledged.
- Open access articles published in the EVA Publications may not be recompiled, manipulated, used to prepare derivative works, or published in another format without prior written permission from AVA.
- The whole of the literary matter of the EVA Publications is owned by the individual participating author(s) unless otherwise stated.
- AVA has taken all reasonable steps to obtain permission to publish the EVA Publications, but retains the right to withdraw any content that may infringe the copyright of any third party.
- AVA will make all reasonable efforts to ensure a server hosting electronic content of the EVA Publications are continuously available to the subscriber, but if access is suspended or interrupted, liability will be limited to restoring access to the server as soon as practicable. AVA is using third party services to provide electronic access to the EVA Publications and accepts no responsibility for any defect, failure in or non-availability of third party services.
- AVA does not warrant that the EVA Publications will be accessible in any particular hardware or software environment.
- The views expressed in articles and letters published in the EVA Publications do not necessarily represent those of AVA, its agents or editors, and neither AVA, its agents nor editors endorse any products or services mentioned or advertised. Neither the AVA nor its agents are the source of the information reproduced in the EVA Publications and they have not independently verified the truth of the information. They do not accept any legal responsibility for the truth or accuracy of the information contained. The AVA and their agents have taken care to ensure that data available through this service are error free and up-to-date. However, neither AVA, their agents nor editors accept any liability whatsoever for the contents of the EVA Publications or for any consequences which may result from the use of or inability to use any information or advice contained, or for corruption to data including but not limited to any defects caused by electronic transmission. This provision is intended to exclude the AVA, their agents, editors and staff from all liability whatsoever, including liability for negligence in the publication, reproduction or electronic transmission of EVA Publication content.
- AVA may suspend or terminate access to EVA Publication content for breach of these terms and conditions by providing the subscriber with written notice in paper or electronic form. No refund of subscriptions paid will be provided upon such termination.
- AVA may transfer electronic access to an alternative third party host or suspend or terminate access if its agreement with a third party host terminates for any reason. If AVA is unable to provide ongoing access within a reasonable period, AVA will refund a fair proportion of the subscription fee reflecting that part of the subscription which is attributable to the electronic access service and the unexpired period of the subscription.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed solely in accordance with Australian law and any dispute in connection with this agreement will be subject to and within the jurisdiction of Australian courts.
Permission requests and all enquiries concerning subscription and electronic access rights to the EVA Publications should be directed to:
- Accept all the terms and conditions of this agreement as described above.
- Agree to abide by all such terms and conditions at all times.
- Confirm that I have the legal authority to act on behalf of the organisation (if any) named below in respect to this licence and contract.
Name of Institution:
Name of authorised signer:
Position of authorised signer:
Name of authorised signer:
Position of authorised signer: