Masterpet was established in 1954 by Polish refugee R. Green and was acquired by the Wootton family in 1961. The company reframed to reflect its broadening range of activities and its vision for the future. Masterpet is now recognised as the innovative market leader of pet accessories, health care and premium foods throughout Australasia. The company employs a total of 279 staff with head offices and warehouse distribution centres in Wellington and Sydney. In New Zealand there are sales offices and showrooms in Wellington, Auckland, and Christchurch; in Australia sales offices are in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. The company's success over 50 years is built on a combination of innovation, always being customer-focused, having modern technology and intellectual assets - and people who are empowered to go the extra mile to provide exemplary service to clients. Masterpet has grown beyond recognition over the past decades, but two things remain utterly constant - the company's singular focus on pet supplies and on its customers..